Rev. Mark's bio
• Born and raised in rural Nebraska
• Attended Nebr. Wesleyan University (1971-1972)
• Moved to Huntsville, TX in 1976 as custom home builder
• Moved to Austin in 1986 and continued building and remodeling
• Returned to school at ACC and Concordia University (1996-1998)
• Accepted at Memphis Theological Seminary in the Program of Alternate Studies for bi-vocational ministry
• Served as Supply Pastor at Pine Hill Cumberland Presbyterian Church in NE TX while attending MTS
• Graduated MTS in 2001 and was ordained/installed as Sr. Pastor of First Cumberland Presbyterian Church of Austin, TX.
• Lifelong Presbyterian and ordained Elder (ruling and teaching) of Presbyterian Church
• Married to wife, Kerry, with 2 children and 3 grandchildren
•Serves as Chaplain of Lost Pines Boy Scout Reservation
• Serves as Parish Associate of Community Fellowship (PCUSA) north of Gruene, TX.
• Continues to do missional carpentry work in Travis, Bastrop, Hayes, and Comal counties.
• Enjoys woodworking, golfing, fishing, photography, and outdoor activities